The Bay Road Church is more than just a building with a fixed address. It's a gathering of people--like you and me--who want to gain experiences with God greater than we could at home. We then take that very experience and presence down the many roads we travel in our daily lives.
We invite you to poke around, visit, contribute, and join us wherever you are.
Worship on Sundays at 10:00 amCoffee and fellowship after worship
Title: Pastor – 1/3 - time
· To provide spiritual leadership, pastoral care, administrative oversight
· To provide organizational direction to a congregation of approximately 30 members
· To encourage and equip the church to grow in membership and spiritual vitality
· Ordained minister in the PCUSA or Presbytery approved denomination
· Accountability to the Albany Presbytery and to the Session through the Personnel Committee
· Preach, lead in worship, and administer the sacraments
· Provide a teaching ministry that will lead to spiritual growth of the membership and awaken congregants to an active outreach to their neighbors in evangelism
· Provide pastoral services for those in crisis situations and in need of pastoral support
· Moderate Session meetings according to the Book of Order
· Relates to the Session and committees as the Moderator of Session
· Relates to the congregation as pastor
· Relates to the Albany Presbytery as the Bay Road Presbyterian Pastor
· Relates to the Director of Music to plan worship services
· Relates to the church Secretary to prepare the weekly bulletin and appropriate communications
· Performance reviews will be conducted 3 times per year by the Personnel Committee
· The Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation
Terms of Call
This is a 1/3 - time position, requiring 16 hours per week including Sunday morning service.
The compensation package will be commensurate with the Albany Presbytery guidelines for ordained pastors.
· Plan and lead worship services
· Administer communion in church once per month
· Administer communion monthly to shut-ins with assistance from church Elders
· Visit shut-ins, hospital patients, nursing home residents and congregation members
· Required services include: member weddings and funerals, Christmas Eve, Easter, Maundy Thursday, Ash Wednesday and Christmas service if on a Sunday
· Other programs may include: mid-week events such as Advent and Lenten programs
· Moderate monthly Session meetings and special meetings as required.
Contact information for applicants:
Personnel Committee Chairperson
Bay Road Presbyterian Church
1167 Bay Road
Lake George, NY 12845
Phone: (518) 793-8541 or (518) 796-5760
Please watch for updates on our Hurricane Matthew Relief Efforts in Haiti. Fundraiser information can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bayroadchurchhopeforhaiti/
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bayroadchurch/